The following resources are used in the ETC Parent Training Classes TFM offers. They are also very helpful to all parents with children from hard places.
Parent Training – Connect & Prepare Courses Resource List
- The Connected Child (2007), by Karyn Purvis, David Cross and Wendy Sunshine, Amazon.com has the best prices – new, used & Kindle
- Parenting Is Your Highest Calling: And Eight Other Myths That Trap Us in Worry and Guilt (2008), by Leslie Leyland Fields. Amazon.com has the best prices – new, used & Kindle
- The Whole-Brain Child (2011), by Daniel J. Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson. Amazon.com has the best prices – new, used & Kindle
- The Out-of-Sync Child (Revised Ed., 2006), by Carol Kranowitz. Amazon.com has the best prices – new, used & Kindle
- Attachment: Why It Matters (2012), DVD produced by the Institute of Child Development
* Material from each of these resources will be part of the required reading/viewing during the training. Required books should total no more than $50 (less if you use Kindle or buy used), the DVD is $35-40 (but is well worth it!)
- Empowered To Connect (empoweredtoconnect.org) for lots of short instructional videos and articles.
- Nurturing Adoptions (Second Ed., 2012), by Deborah Gray
- Created To Connect: A Christian’s Guide to The Connected Child (2010), by Purvis, Monroe & Monroe
- Wounded Children, Healing Homes: How Traumatized Children Impact Adoptive and Foster Families (2009), by Jayne E. Schooler, Betsy Keefer Smalley, Timothy J. Callahan
- Anatomy of the Soul (2010), by Curt Thompson
- Attaching in Adoption (Second Ed., 2012), by Deborah Gray
- The Out-of-Sync Child Has Fun: Activities for Kids with Sensory Processing Disorder (Revised Ed.,2006), by Carol Kranowitz